Liquid Gold: super food lemon ginger cocktail
This simple recipe is a detoxifier, immunity powerhouse, assists in weight loss, an anti-
inflammatory, cancer fighter, anti-bacterial, virus killer and more.
I have had so many requests asking me to clarify the whys and quantities of this elixir I posted on Facebook sometime ago; I thought it would be helpful to run through it in detail. I have found that this really helps my family and I boost our immunity and stay healthy. Here is why:
Lemons: The Alkalizing Powerfood
Lemons are acidic to the taste, but are alkaline-forming in the body. In fact, they are one of the most alkaline-forming foods and this makes them great for balancing a highly acidic condition in the body. They are ridiculously good for you.
“We are living in a world today where lemonade is made from artificial flavors and furniture polish is made from real lemons.” –Alfred E. Newman
- Rich in vitamin C
- Liver stimulant – God knows after the holidays my liver needs some love!
- Cleans out waste
- Used to treat Scurvy – for all you pirates out there.
- Dissolves gallstones, calcium deposits and kidney stones
- Helps to neutralize free radicals
- Lemon peal contains phytonutrient effective in help brain disorders – like I need more.
- Destroys intestinal worms
- Strengthens blood vessels
- Contain 22 anti cancer compounds
- Provides optimal cell energy
- You can read more from this great article from Care2″ Make a Difference
Ginger: The Wonder Root
Ginger is spicy with many healing properties. My grandmother would put ginger on everything. She wrapped it with gauze to mend a sprained finger or sore throat or mince it into tea for stomach related relief. I did not know why back then but now know that ginger paired with love will keep us sassy.
- Combats excessive inflammation – when inflammation subsides the body can heal itself – Chronic inflammation causes diseases.
- Relieves nausea – very effective for me when I had morning sickness.
- Fights viruses
- Anti cancer agent
- Boosts immunity
- Increases circulation and blood flow
- If you want to fall more in love with Ginger read this from The Worlds Healthiest Foods:
Liquid Gold Recipe
You will need:
- Juicer – I have and recommend this Jack LaLanne Juicer because it is super easy to clean and affordable.
- 16 oz. jar with lid
- 4-6 whole lemons with peel
- 6-8 inches of ginger root – you do not need to peel
- Wash lemons and ginger thoroughly.
- Juice lemons and ginger in to jar and cover.
- Add 2-4 ounces of Liquid Gold mixture to water and enjoy.
Store in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Add 2 pears or 2 apples, adds sweetness and cuts tartness and spiciness. (Apples and pears aid fluid and mucus reduction.)
Add liquid vitamin D – (Vitamin D plays role in strong bones, cell growth, immune function and reducing inflammation.) Find Out More.
Add oregano oil – (Oregano is used for respiratory tract disorders such as coughs, asthma, croup, and bronchitis. It is also used for gastrointestinal (GI) disorders such as heartburn and bloating. Other uses include treating menstrual cramps, rheumatoid arthritis, urinary tract disorders including urinary tract infections (UTIs), headaches and heart conditions.
The oil of oregano is taken by mouth for intestinal parasites, allergies, sinus pain, arthritis, cold and flu, swine flu, earaches and fatigue. It is applied to the skin for skin conditions including acne, athlete’s foot, oily skin, dandruff, canker sores, warts, ringworm, rosacea and psoriasis; as well as for insect and spider bites, gum disease, toothaches, muscle pain, and varicose veins. As from Webb MD. Find out more.
Add ice and blend with honey to taste for lemon/ginger slushy.
Add to sparling water with honey to make best soda ever.
Replace cranberry in basic “Cosmopolitan” recipe – See here
Self-care will change the world. #loveally
Love yourself well.